I love experimenting with simple and different variations of zucchini noodles. This recipe is as simple as it is savory, and one of my favorites when I am short on time, money or energy!
- 1 zucchini (peeled or with skin on)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 handful of fresh parsley and cilantro
- 2 sweet peppers
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small lime
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne
- In a blender add the warm water and fresh herbs to steep while preparing other vegetables.
- Spiralize the zucchini into thin noodles. I add the unspiralized portion to the blender with the other ingredients.
- Chop green onions and sweet peppers and add to the blender.
- Add sliced avocado, lime juice, salt, and spices.
- Blend and toss with raw zucchini noodles.
Enjoy and Experiment!
**** I also like adding shallots, garlic, lemon juice and/or tomatoes. Also if you want a cooked meal just lightly steam the zucchini noodles and drain before tossing with the avocado sauce.
****Be sure to buy clean and pesticide-free produce. Also wash all herbs and produce before preparing.
****I use diluted lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, or food grade hydrogen peroxide.