I love the rich and savory recipe for so many reasons! Not only is it simple and inexpensive, but it also has no gluten, soy, salt, or additives! I have tried many different variations of it, and find that it is also great completely Raw! There are many different ways that that you can make with this recipe, using fresh, seasonal, and clean produce.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp. cilantro (small handful)
- 3 small sweet peppers
- 2-5 dried bird eye chili peppers (or use any dried pepper you enjoy)
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. dried sea veggies
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard seed or powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 green onion or 1 small shallot (garlic is also a great addition
Clean all fresh produce! I use diluted lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, or salt. Here are some great recipes to make your own cheap and easy produce rinse. I make sure that I remove any areas that are damaged or have signs of bugs or parasites. Here a link about why I make this part of prepping to make a meal (especially when eating raw)!
Do Easy to Follow Directions:
- Chop sweet peppers. Warm up 1 cup of water in pot and add to blender. Add in the cilantro, sweet peppers, bird eye peppers, coconut aminos, sea veggies, mustard, and cumin. Set aside to steep for flavor.
- Chop green onion tops, shallot, or garlic. ****I like green onion the best and I blend up the bottom of the green onion, using the chopped green tops as a garnish.
- Slice mushrooms and measure out peas. combine and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of water to a medium sized pot. Spiralize the zucchini directly into the cooking pot. (I usually have a few end knobs that do not spiralize that I add to the blender. Add the mushrooms and peas on top of the zucchini.
- Turn the burner onto medium heat and cover. Steam veggies for 10-15 minutes depending on preference. While veggies are steaming blend the sauce on a medium speed for two minutes.
- Drain steamed veggies. ****I usually rinse off the starch as well. Return to heat and ass in the sauce. Mix and warm up the sauce.
- Garnish and Enjoy!